[Gelistirici] Pardus on MacBook

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
13 Ara 2006 Çar 01:34:35 EET

On 12/13/06, Barış Metin <baris at pardus.org.tr> wrote:
> 13 Ara 2006 Çar 00:35 tarihinde, Rajeev J Sebastian şunları yazmıştı:
> > I am trying to install Pardus on a MacBook. Is there some instructions
> > on how to get it done ? It seems Pardus doesnt have lilo which is
> > needed for booting ...
>
> You can use rEFIt. Grub has the necessary patch for it to boot. But only the
> latest YALI package supports installing grub on a partition so it would be
> better if you could wait for the final release, or else just skip the grub
> installation and boot the syststem again with installation media and than
> install grub (grub-install) manually.

Ok let me get this straight .... (I already had installed refit, but
didn't know what to do about the lilo step)

I have Pardus RC. I install normally. Then, reboot, and in the refit
menu, select the Pardus CD (Legacy CD), then next either:
1) Use the Pardus RC and get into the installer, go to console, and
type grub-install ?
2) Select Boot from harddisk ?

I'm sorry to bother you with this. I would've waited for the next
release, but I have to do this for a friend tonight (it is already
5:00am here, spent all night on it) and give the macbook back tomorrow
morning.

Regards
Rajeev