[linux-sohbet] FootNotes/i18n-party comment

---------

From: Enver ALTIN (enver.altin@frontsite.com.tr)
Date: Tue 06 Jan 2004 - 03:26:18 EST

    Merhaba,
    Aşağıdaki, FootNotes(http://www.gnomedesktop.org/)'da Gnome-Turk
    yerelleştirme partisi haberine yorum olarak yazılmıştı. Uzaktan bakan
    biri için fazla haklı değil mi sizce de?

    Saygılar,

    * * *

    Re: Gnome-Turk i18n party! :-) (Score: 1, Informative)
    by Anonymous George on Monday, January 05 @ 20:18:07 EST
    XXX.sb.sd.cox.net

    Exciting news and very good idea. The urls doesn't work though.

    Unfortunately Turkey has become more microsoft-dominated than even US.
    Mostly because of the piracy and excellent Microsoft promotion and their
    good support for Turkish. Turkish websites are mostly IE only. Even some
    major news websites depend on VB. Oh, and the government websites.

    It is easy to get your hands on windows 2003 advanced server and Visual
    Studio.Net 2003; no wonder there is a high level of adoption of ASP and
    ASP.net among developers.

    I have to note that, very recently Php has become somehow popular. maybe
    people got tired of VB at some point.

    I am glad that there is an effort to increase awareness of Gnome.
    Probably the best way to promote gnome is through a live CD, much like
    knoppix.

    --
     __________
    |          |  Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)
    |          |  Software developer, IT consultant
    |    FRONT |
    |==========|  FrontSITE Bilgi Teknolojisi A.Ş.
    |_____SITE_|  http://www.frontsite.com.tr/
    -- File: signature.asc
    -- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part

    linux-sohbet listesinden cikmak  ve tum listeci islemleri icin
    http://liste.linux.org.tr/ adresini kullanabilirisniz.