[linux-ileri] Re: Linux Users Groups in Istanbul? (was: Assistant Systems Administrator / DB Administrator / Perl Programmer Wanted)

From: Enver ALTIN (ealtin@casdb.com)
Date: Thu 12 Dec 2002 - 19:18:17 EET

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 18:43, Deniz Akkus Kanca wrote:
> And technical Turkish is not going to improve by continuing to use
> English for technical discussion. Who is going to improve technical
> Turkish, Martians?

Well, not Yugoslavian developers (me) busy messing around some boring
daywork; at least for now. I wish I could continue helping localization
efforts, like I did in the past.

> Please also note that the original poster is quite apologetic about his
> use of English in a Turkish list, and makes absolutely no judgement
> calls (rightly so, since it would be quite arrogant for him to do so)
> about the suitability of Turkish for technical discussions. I wish the
> same sensitivity could be exhibited by fellow Turks.

Note that; "for now" I said. Turkish community of IT professionals will
need to put a lot more hands on the dirtywork, to get the language
itself neutrally finer with technical mumbo-jumbo, IMHO :-) I won't
hesitate to get mines in, but we all know that Life's Hard (TM).

--
Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)   - Software developer, generic solvent
http://enver.casdb.com/        - mailto: ealtin at casdb dot com

Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.