[linux-ileri] Re: Linux Users Groups in Istanbul?

From: Enver ALTIN (ealtin@casdb.com)
Date: Thu 12 Dec 2002 - 19:32:58 EET

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 18:45, Peter Nixon wrote:
> It's good to see. I have a fair bit of Linux experience as I have been using
> it for just over 8 years. Most of my experience is in networking and Internet
> type systems and security, but I dabble in some open source programming in C
> and perl.

Sounds great.

> I would be interested in talking to some databse gurus. In particular are
> there any Postgresql gurus on this list? (I know mtu is using it thats why I
> ask..)

Guru? Most of us have been working with several database utilities in
the past, haven't we? We have yet another list at
linux-yazilim@linux.org.tr where we discuss about general free-software
development, so any questions regarding to many SQL servers and database
packages are welcome. You can easily subscribe by sending an empty mail
to linux-yazilim-request@linux.org.tr with a subject of "subscribe"
(sure, without quotes).

Quick note: Hopefully many people on that list should be pretty fine
with English since many developers are able to read English manuals. If
you prefer killing another pointless discussion about the state of
Turkish language for blah blah like me, that's OK, though (just kiddin'
:)

-HAND

--
Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)   - Software developer, generic solvent
http://enver.casdb.com/        - mailto: ealtin at casdb dot com

No man is an island, but some of us are long peninsulas.