[linux-ileri] Re: Linux Users Groups in Istanbul? (was: Assistant Systems Administrator / DB Administrator / Perl Programmer Wanted)

From: Enver ALTIN (ealtin@casdb.com)
Date: Thu 12 Dec 2002 - 17:54:35 EET

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 13:06, Peter Nixon wrote:
> Are there any Linux/Unix User Groups here in Istanbul? I would like to
> meet/chat with some of the other Linux users. (Sometimes I feel like ther
> e is
> no-one else using Linux in Turkey :-)

Many of us live here in Istanbul and there are quite a lot of people
spending all of their daytime using Linux (actually most people is
trying to get stronger with Linux) :-)

> Also are there any english speaking mailing lists in Turkey? I appologise
> for
> posting in English to a Turkish list, but I have only been learning Turki
> sh
> for 12 months.

You're out of luck right there :/ I wish we had such a list for people
like me and you, who think Turkish language is not as good as English
for use with explanation of any technical science subject for now.

You may prefer to mail me directly, if you ever happen to have a
question about the community or Free Software in Turkey.

-HAND

--
Enver ALTIN (a.k.a. skyblue)   - Software developer, generic solvent
http://enver.casdb.com/        - mailto: ealtin at casdb dot com

"But what we need to know is, do people want nasally-insertable computers?"