[Pardus-kullanicilari] software to be included

Ozan Çağlayan ozancag at gmail.com
24 Oca 2010 Paz 12:09:29 EET

sg wrote:
> Sir,
> Pardus 2009.1 is excellent.  It provides out of the box support for "
> 3GP audio support.  I think no other linux distro provides audio
> support for 3gp video format by default.  I would like to put forward
> the following humble suggestions:
>
> 1. Please provide "Out of the box" support for CANON printer drivers.
> Canon printers just dont work in linux.  It would have been great if
> PARDUS includes linux printer drivers for Canon Printers (Canon ip
> 1200).  Please provide drivers for Canon.

Those drivers are binary-only, closed-source and lacks proper redistributability
licenses. Is there any other distribution which provides those drivers out of the box?
If yes, which one?

> 2. Like in Broadband, please provide "out of the box" support for DIAL
> UP MODEMS.

Yes here you may have the right to say that as those dial-up and broadband stuff
are very complicated in linux world. providing a complete support for them would be nice
for us too.

Thanks for your comments, BTW english user discussion mailing-list is
pardus-users at pardus.org.tr