[Pardus-kullanicilari] software to be included

selim ok selimok at gmail.com
24 Oca 2010 Paz 12:06:57 EET

2010/1/24 sg <sajithgopinathan at gmail.com>

> Sir,
> Pardus 2009.1 is excellent.  It provides out of the box support for "
> 3GP audio support.  I think no other linux distro provides audio
> support for 3gp video format by default.  I would like to put forward
> the following humble suggestions:

Hi,

1. Please provide "Out of the box" support for CANON printer drivers.
> Canon printers just dont work in linux.  It would have been great if
> PARDUS includes linux printer drivers for Canon Printers (Canon ip
> 1200).  Please provide drivers for Canon.

Unfortunately there is no open source driver for this device. Therefore we
can't support this device.

> 2. Like in Broadband, please provide "out of the box" support for DIAL
> UP MODEMS.

I have no such broad knowledge about this subject. You can wait for
feedbacks or you can create a ticket in our bug tracking system:
bugs.pardus.org.tr . (Of course it's better, when you search this subject in
existing tickets before you create a new one :)

> If these two facilities are also provided, for a home-desktop user
> like me, PARDUS would have been the MOST appreciable OS available
> today ( be it compared with Windows, Mac or other Linux distros).

Very proud to see that you like Pardus :)

Thanks,
Selim

--
One more step for freedom: http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/