[Gelistirici] contrib svn 'si altındaki pisidepo ve 3rd_Party hakkında

Faik Uygur faik at pardus.org.tr
30 Kas 2006 Per 21:45:22 EET

30 Kas 2006 Per 01:47 tarihinde, Murat Şenel şunları yazmıştı:
>  Hi all,

Hi,

> We had a discussion in #pisidepo on the proposal to merge pisidepo with
> 3rd_party repo. We arrived at the conclusion that this is not needed. Our
> reasons are outlined below.
>
> The current situation is that pisidepo is considered as a repository of
> unsupported/experimental packages. 3rd Party packages are also similiar to
> it. Hence the proposal is partly well founded. However, we would like to
> stress one factor: pisidepo is not just an svn repository.
>
> We in #pisidepo consider ourselves as an independent community of 3rd party
> developers of Pardus. By community, we mean a team. The packages we create
> are, of course, unsupported by the core Pardus team. However, they are
> supported by us.

I think this is not a good idea. Pisidepo team as they call themselves are
doing very good things.  The latest of their work that I liked very much is
www.pardus-oyun.org. I hope it will continue to grow.

contrib repository is an important repository that keeps growing and
growing... and it completes the missing pieces of devel repository. You
are doing a great job on this. As the chosen packages of the distribution we
keep devel as small, and as managable as possible. Later as we grow, devel
will surely also grow accordingly.

In Pardus project i dont think, to separate ourselves to individual groups is
a wise idea.. The one thing that should matter is we are _all_ Pardus
developers.... We are all working in this project....  For it's success and
growth.... We are one big team of Pardus developers and that should be it.

Let's say in the near future some other group may come and call themselves
some other name and start to keep another repository under contrib... And
later some other, and some other... This is not a sane thing to do so...

To make it short, contrib repository should be one repository that should hold
all the packages that does not _or_ can not go to devel repository. Saying
that I only maintain these packages is not a wise thing to do. It is
simple... Either we delete the unsupported or unmainted packages or those
should be maintained by _any_ of the voluntered Pardus developers.

- Faik