[Gelistirici] Pardus on MacBook

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
13 Ara 2006 Çar 02:37:24 EET

On 12/13/06, Barış Metin <baris at pardus.org.tr> wrote:
> 13 Ara 2006 Çar 01:34 tarihinde, Rajeev J Sebastian şunları yazmıştı:
> > Ok let me get this straight .... (I already had installed refit, but
> > didn't know what to do about the lilo step)
> >
> > I have Pardus RC. I install normally.
>
> Skipping the grub installation.
>
> > Then, reboot, and in the refit
> > menu, select the Pardus CD (Legacy CD), then next either:
>
> Yes. But first you must sync GBT and MBR from rEFIt. rEFIt has a command to do
> it.
>
> > 1) Use the Pardus RC and get into the installer, go to console, and
> > type grub-install ?
>
> mkdir /tmp/x
> mount /dev/hdaPARTITION /tmp/x
> grub-install --root-directory=/tmp/x /dev/hdaPARTITION
:(

It fails at that step saying "The file /tmp/x/boot/grub/stage1 not
read correctly"

I verified that the file exists.

The steps I used are:

mkdir /tmp/x
mount /dev/sda3 /tmp/x
grub-install --root-directory=/tmp/x /dev/sda3

(I also tried grub-install --root-directory=/tmp/x hd0,2 .... same error)

(Googling now .. hoping that you have a solution at hand)

Regards
Rajeev J Sebastian