[Gelistirici] Modifying the monitor detection

Onur Küçük onur at pardus.org.tr
8 Ara 2006 Cum 13:34:55 EET

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:35:21 +0200
"Rajeev J Sebastian" <rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all friends,
>
> I recently installed Pardus RC on 2 different machines, one desktop
> and another one Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop.
>
> On both, there was a need to slightly modify the xorg.conf to allow
> 1024x768 resolution. Is there some hardware/monitor database we can
> modify so that Pardus can automatically detect and use these values ?

 Can you send me the "zorg created"

 /etc/X11/xorg.conf
 /var/log/xlog
 /var/log/Xorg.0.log

 output of ddcxinfos while Xorg is not running ?

 Also the monitor brand/model and vga brand/model

 I will check if there is anything missing

--
 Onur Küçük                                      Knowledge speaks,
 <onur.--.-.pardus.org.tr>                       but wisdom listens