Re: [Linux-sunucu] cok garip bir durum

From: Umut D. (linuxlist@gmail.com)
Date: Sun 13 Nov 2005 - 20:39:23 EET

MySQL sunucunuzla ilgili durumu DNS ile ilgili.

Asagida bir aciklama var, devami bu adreste [1] ve cok daha fazlasi bu
[2] adreste.
GBit ethernet kartlarinizla ilgili durum icin "dmesg" icinde ethernet
kartlariniz ile ilgili ne yazdigini paste etmeniz gerek..

[1] http://hackmysql.com/dns
[2] http://www.google.com.tr/search?q=mysql+dns+slow

---- ALINTI ----

      Reverse Lookup

When a network connection is made to MySQL, all MySQL knows is the
remote end (peer) IP. First MySQL resolves the peer IP to a hostname by
calling the standard C library gethostbyaddr() [197]. Naturally, there
are two possible return values: Either the lookup succeeds and returns a
hostname, or it fails. If the reverse lookup succeeds MySQL goes onto
the next step. If the reverse lookup fails, the failure is cached
(remembered) [201], and MySQL will not try to lookup this IP address
again until either MySQL is restarted or issued a FLUSH HOSTS; command.
Failure can mean, basically, one of two things: Either DNS doesn't
respond at all, or it responds with NXDomain (non-existent domain). In
the first case MySQL waits at least 10 seconds for a response. Since
MySQL uses standard C library resolver functions (gethostbyaddr() and
gethostbyname()) the operation and limitations of DNS lookups is a
factor of the C library, not MySQL. Therefore we have to look at how
these resolver functions work.

---- ALINTI ----