Re: [Linux-sunucu] Ext3 Undelete!!!

From: Omer F. USTA (usta@bilisimlab.com)
Date: Fri 22 Jul 2005 - 23:29:31 EEST

Stellar Phoenix Ext2,Ext3 1.0 Programını
denemenizi tavsiye ederim. Kurtarma garantisi vermesede
bildigim tek alternatif o.

Benzer sorularin soruldugu mail listelerinde
yaptigim arastirmada hep benzer sonucu gordum :

--
I'm afraid your out of luck. This subject was covered recently on the
The ext3 data structures do not support any method of undeleting.

--- ext2 undelete codes dont work properly in ext3, coz of the journal. the journal is the main thing that is to be taken into consideration, otherwise undelete is not a problem ... ---

You cannot undelete ext3 files with ext2 tools. This is because ext3 overwrites the block pointer in the file's inode with 0's. ---

With ext3 you cannot undelete a file . That s right. But only if it was delete in a proper way, for example with rm . In case of a power failure, at reboot if the filesystem is badly broken and some file are lost during the filesystem recovery (fsck), before mounting the partition one can "undelete" the file deleted by fsck with the usual ext2 undelete tools.

PS: Ext3 as it syncs data and metadata to disk every two seconds, thus benign powerfailure does not hurt it badly. That explains why its slower than other journalized fs which by default only sync metadata at this rate.

Ciao Alban

----

http://linux-sec.net/Txt/undelete.txt adresinden undelete konusundaki programlarin linklerine ulasabilirsiniz ama bunlarin cogu ext2 icin

---

http://www.topshareware.com/Stellar-Phoenix-Ext2Ext3-download-4765.htm adresindeki Stellar Phoenix Ext2,Ext3 1.0 programi buldugum tek program ama simdiye kadar test etmis veya denemis birini gormedim :((

Sonuclari bize geri bildirimde bulunursaniz sevinirim.

Quoting İsmet Sönmez :