[linux-network] Re: Evolution Sorunu ?

---------

From: MustafaOgun (mustafaogun@gmx.net)
Date: Sat 06 Dec 2003 - 11:16:06 EST

    Guray Satici wrote:
    > verdiginiz linkin sorunumun cozumu ile olan alakasini anlayamadim?

    merhaba;

    bu forumdaki soru:

    Help!! I can'r send emails from Evolution 1.4.5 All I get is an error
    box stating: "Error while performing operation: MAIL FROM response
    error: Syntax error, command unrecognized". Running Slack 9.1 w/DL. Any
    suggestions?
    [...]

    bu da ilk cevap :

    Have you checked out this thread?
    http://dropline.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1307&highlight=host+file

    To make a long story short you need to remove blank lines, spaces, and
    comments from your hosts file...

    ---
    bu da o cevaptaki url'le acilan sayfadaki yorumlardan biri, ben de size
    bu sayfanin url'ini vermistim.
    I found it
    It was indeed the blank lines and comments in the /etc/hosts file that
    caused the error (however: the smtp server of my ISP is not listed in
    this file)
    And indeed: you have to remove ALL of the blank lines and ALL of the
    comments... strange bug
    iyi gunler.
    --
    MustafaOgun