[linux-ileri] Turkish Republic of North Cyprus Issue

---------

From: Unix&NT/ 2000-Mäklarna (info@dck.se)
Date: Wed 11 Feb 2004 - 11:13:29 EST

    Subject: Turkish Republic of North Cyprus Issue

    Gorüsleriniz bu yonde ise, Ingiltere’de kurulu “The Association of Turkish
    People” vakfından Inci Saruhan’in yazdigi mesaji, kendi imzalarimiz ile
    cogaltip, Mr. Annan’a eposta mesaji olarak gondererek onlara yardimci
    olabiliriz. Saygilarimla,

    kofi.annan@un.org

    Dear Mr Annan,

    Your biased policy to grab the land of the Turkish People of North Cyprus
    and hand it on a plate to USA/EU/ISRAEL is being judged by us all.

    We say;

    "KAFI MR ANNAN" !

    "KAFI !" is a word in Turkish which means ENOUGH ! {The letter A must have
    accent ( ^) on }

      So;

    "KAFI MR ANNAN!"
    "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH MR ANNAN!"

    The PM and The Foreign Minister of Turkiye may be eager to give up, the
    Turkish territory of TRNC, without consulting the valid factors of the
    issue; i.e.; the people of Northern Cyprus and the people of Turkiye, (*)
    us. A scary -for yourselves and for the above gentlemen- majority does not
    approve your plan and the obedient policy of Mr Erdogan and have not given
    and will never give their concent to the application of your so-called Road
    Map on TRNC.

    A statesman of your experience should not underestimate the power of the
    vast number of peoples' refusal of your plans for Cyprus and for Turkiye.

    I have read an article of Ms Sophia Tesfamariam dated Jan 9 2004,
    addressed to yourself, with a title, "Call a Spade a Spade". Well, I am
    saying, "Mr Annan, we call a trick a trick" which could describe the
    pressure being put on Mr Rauf Denktas, the loyal President of TRNC by your
    office and therefore on the Turkish population of that country, as well as
    the people of Turkiye. Mr Erdogan and Mr Gul's errors will have ripple
    effect on their government as well as the integrity of USA governtment
    which has already suffered enough following the Iraq invasion fiasco.

    Needless to state herewith that the politicians may go as abruptly as they
    come to power; but, the people live on and always prevail.

    Please note that WE , THE PEOPLE OF TURKIYE AND TURKISH PEOPLE OF TRNC
    WILL PREVAIL. WE SAY, 'NO' TO YOUR ROAD MAP. Please watch the Turkish TV
    Channel, called ULUSAL TV (Means National TV) and carefully observe the
    objections of millions of millions of Turkish people of TRNC and TURKIYE
    and our supporters from the Central Asian Turkic Republics.

    If the EU membership is a carrot on the stick attached to Cyprus issue and
    the division of our mainland to carve up some territory for the loyal pawns
    of USA, as being observed in Iraq since March'03, well, forget it! We know
    how to spot and therefore say "NO" to any sort of alterior motive. And, the
    EU membership negotiations have already proven to be an alterior motive to
    steal our independence, dignity and territory. We say, "NO" ! We
    repeat, "NO to EU, if EU puts unacceptable and tricky conditions to us, the
    Turkish People of Turkiye and Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus!

    If you wish to practice your powers, start with some islands which are
    thousands of miles away from the countries such as Spain, UK, France, USA
    (i.e; Canary Islands, Falklands, so many French, Dutch, US dominions in
    the Pacific and Indian Oceans) who brutally wiped off or suppressed the
    native people of the above islands and claimed those islands as their own
    territories.(**) The case of Cyprus is no match to the history of the
    above islands; and yet, you and your power points have got the courage to
    manipulate the situation in Northern Cyprus and expecting the Turkish
    People of TRNC to give up their security, identity and dignity by being
    under the determination of some Greek settlers who tried to wipe them off
    during the attrocities of the late 19th century, 1960's and 1974.

    The Island of Cyprus is an extent of Anatolia (just like the Island of
    Sardinia to Italy and the good-natured tolerant Turkish people should have
    rejected the mainland Greek settlers, as the Romans and Italians have done
    by rejecting them and never allowing them to settle on their island) and
    the Turkish people of the island have been living there longer than
    the Greek settlers in Cyprus and definitely much much longer than the
    European settlers in the Americas.
    If there is any "account to be fixed and settled", please divert your
    attention to the above mentioned spots and not on TRNC.

    Yours sincerely
    The Association of Turkish People
    Inci Saruhan

    (*) As one may clearly see, the Turkish history in Cyprus is no comparison
    to British history in the Falklands, Spanish history in the Canary Islands
    French History in the Indian Ocean (Island of Reunion) and to so many other
    examples which may fill this page. If you please ask the British, the
    Spaniards, the French, the Dutch the US to give up their strongly held
    territories on the related islands which are thousands of miles away from
    their land, then, may you have the ethical ground to ask the Turkish people
    to give up their sovereign rights to govern themselves on their lands and
    to isolate and separate them from their mainland, due to the very tricky EU
    membership games.

    (**) Unlike our nation and our excellent military forces, who have been an
    example of respect to the International Laws, by obliging the conditions of
    the London Agreement, the function of which was supposed to provide
    security and dignified existence to the Turkish people of Cyprus; Turkiye,
    as the signatory to that Agreement, had to act to save the remaining
    Turkish population from genocide; whereas the other signatory nation/s did
    very little to stop the genocide of the complete villages, during the above
    mentioned atrocities in Cyprus.

    British people in the Falklands and the Turkish people in Cyprus! Why
    should the latter be denied the protection the former received, especially
    if the histories of the two territories have got cross references; i.e.;
    the Falklands happen to be near the mainland
    and yet a far distant power claim the territory and the island of Cyprus
    is the extension of Anatolia -geographically as well as historically- and
    yet the power who did not reclaim the territory but was obliged to
    guarantee the security and existence of the descendents of her Turkish
    people is now being played about in this abhorrent manner as Mr Rauf
    Denktas and the people of TRNC are being treated with.

    Mr. K. CELIK

    Gothenburg / SWEDEN