[linux-ileri] Off Topic: Assistant Systems Administrator / DB Administrator / Perl Programmer Wanted

From: Peter Nixon (listuser@peternixon.net)
Date: Wed 11 Dec 2002 - 14:55:18 EET

I appologise in advance if this is not the correct place to post this, bu=
t I=20
could not find a jobs mailing list on the website.

Please advise if there are other, better places to post this.
Please feel free to forward this on to others.

This person who fills this position will be working as my assistant. Any=20
questions should be in English please, as my Turkish is still relatively=20
basic.

--=20

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/

Position: Assistant Systems Administrator / DB Administrator / Perl Progr=
ammer
Location: Bebek, Istanbul, Turkey
Inquiries/resumes to: mailto:resumes@peternixon.net

We are seeking an Intermediate level System Administrator (Approximately
SAGE Level III *) to assist in maintaining an Cisco and SuSE Linux based
network.
Your solid experience in administering Cisco network equipment and Unix (=
linux=20
) systems, your knowledge of enterprise level databases and your perl=20
scripting ability coupled with with your enthusiastic approach will guara=
ntee=20
you a place in a rapidly growing business.

Responsibilities:
You will work with an established team helping to maintain an exisitng
Wide Area network and systems taking some in-house developed Perl scripts=
 to=20
the
next level. You will be responsible for maintaining exisiting Database se=
rvers
and optimising them further.
You will be required to be on-call after hours on a rotation basis with o=
ther
team members.

Mandatory Skills
 Linux Systems administration
 Good problem solving ability
 Ability to work independently
 Perl
 SQL

Highly Desirable Skills
 Excellent Written and Spoken English
 PostgreSQL
 SuSE Linux Experience
 Radius
 Network administration (DNS, DHCP, Firewall, VPN, etc)
 Experience handling multiple, geographically separate, sites
 Experience with 24x7 sites
 Security knowledge
 BGP and OSPF

Bonus Points