[Linux] Re: Sendmail ve I/O error

From: ErkaN (Selamsana@uni.de)
Date: Wed 06 Jun 2001 - 17:58:25 EEST

Selam...

Murat SULUHAN demiski;

> iyide benim bildigim o ayar bir seferdeki max atilacak mail boyutu
buradaki
> sorunun cozumunun o olduguna eminmisin

800 kb fazlasini gönderemiyorum deyince aklima ilk önce o geldi, hocam...

0 MaxMessageSize=1048576

yukardaki islem ile, sendmaile, Userlerin gönderdigi Email boyutunu 1MB ile
sInIrlandirmis
ollusrsunuz..

Hem I/O Error mesajini tam olarak bilmeden, ki arkadas yazmamis tam olarak
ne oldugunu, yüzlerce sebeb olabilir I/O Errorlari icin, mesela bir tanesi
asagida:

....... http://www.sendmail.org/faq/section3.html#3.10 ..................
Q3.10 -- How do I solve "collect: I/O error on connection" or "reply: read
error from host.name" errors?
Date: April 8, 1997
Updated: May 9, 2000
If you are just getting occasional such messages, they're probably due to a
temporary network problem, or the remote host crashing or otherwise abruptly
terminating the connection. If you are getting a lot of these from a single
host, there is probably some incompatibility between 8.x and that host (see
Q3.12 and Q3.20). If you get a lot of them in general, you may have network
problems that are causing connections to get reset.

Note that this problem is sometimes caused by incompatible values of the MTU
(Maximum Transmission Unit) size on a SLIP or PPP connection. Be sure that
your MTU size is configured to be the same value as what your ISP has
configured for your connection. If you are still having problems, then have
your ISP configure your MTU size for 1500 (the maximum value), and you
configure your MTU size similarly.

Another possibility is that you have a router/firewall filtering out all
incoming ICMP messages, while your OS is doing "Path MTU discovery" (e.g.
modern versions of Solaris do this by default). Path MTU discovery relies on
certain ICMP messages being allowed through back to the host originating the
traffic - see RFC 1191 for the details.

Elbette emin degilim hatanin sadece bundan kaynaklandigina, ama öyle bir
anlatimda aklima ilk gelen o oldu...Keske sendmailde hatalari cözmek hep
kolay olsa, ama degil...:-))

Saygilar...

erkaN

--
The linux philosophy is laugh in the face of danger.

L. Torvalds

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Liste üyeliğiniz ile ilgili her türlü işlem için http://liste.linux.org.tr adresindeki web arayüzünü kullanabilirsiniz.