[LINUX:22600] Re: [security is a process, not a product]

From: Andreas Mueller (amu@tr.debian.net)
Date: Tue 05 Dec 2000 - 00:33:01 EET

> > http://www.basbakanlik.gov.tr/_vti_pvt/%23haccess.ctl
> > # -FrontPage-
> >
> > Options None
> >
> > <Limit GET POST PUT>
> > order deny,allow
> > deny from all
> > </Limit>
> > AuthName default_realm
>
> <...>
>
> I usually name such posts "lack of awareness". If I were a security
> expert, I'd rather don't bother the list with my

Sorry Gorkem the times changes, i think it's a good "plus",
Gouvernment-Server runns with the "better" OS Linux.
In order to administrate such server you need "educated people"
My posting wasnt "lack of awareness" i think you know, i have
enought awareness, my posting was for general "amusing", which the
inability of the Admin represents and not only this "server" is
a socalled "wide open network". As i say time changed, there
are many people which harvested fame for their work, but thats
all, fortunately the progress goes on, Linux is a great OS, but
for Server i prever the rockstable/secure OpenBSD.
(3!) Three years without a remote hole in the default install !
Maybe now you'll say, i start(ed) to make negativ advertising for Linux,
thats not true, i spend _ALL_ my time to Linux, Debian/GNU.
Unfortunately at Turkey it's not possible to work with a Linux-Group.
I'm also subscribed to Australien Linux-Users, the "handling"
and the word "together" is completely different there , also those
"together" is available at Germany-Linux Users, why not at Turkey ?
I tried now, for a long time a "fight" for Linux. To make Linux much more
popular, now i'm at this point, I GIVE UP, the Turkish Debian
Server are moved coming soon, fortunately Debian has now his first
turkish maintainer. I joind some importend big new projects,
the groups are grateful over each assistance. I am tired to get
such response from Murat, that such a posting isnt "ethic", i send
him a 3 months ago a bug-report for Basilix, yes i translated basilix into
german, yes i made a Debian-Package ( still not uploaded, i wait for the
bugfix ). Also postanci is translated and currently available at
Debian-Master. Postanci quality is good, ok, just a stupid bug, for
people which cannot read manuals. Btw. i posted today those Bug ( basilix
) to securityfocus. I hope this was for Murat ethic enought, after
3 months he didnt fixed or warned before such a Bug.
Back to topic, i ask me why i waste my time, my wife say all time
"sanane" .OK it doent matter for me anymore, such unprofessional things
such as i'm able to parse the html-tree at a WebServer, is unprofessional
work. I dind't tried any kiddy-script, maybe i sould.
I feel bad now, and ask me how i repent it to come to Turky, fortunately
i have very good friends, and i can change my virtual working-group
very easy. People like Atilla Ozgit thought, to bring me to court,
and such a manipulation to work with "offical Metu-Papers" so the
court think "it's" from the big Computer University, fortunately
Mr. Ozgit make himself with such a thing ridiculously. I guess the
Judges was too much bored with such a stupid thing. At least
it was quit expensive for him *g*. _AND_ hopefully he lerned from
such things. If you remember, he said, i send him spam, and promised
the person which did it "never" touch a Computer. Perhaps I should proceed
still against him. I think, i just forget it, with this "thinking-stlye"
he's punished enough.

At last if i could advise something,

[loop]
 build you're plans,
 try to understand,
 try to to learn,
 try to enhance you knowlegges,
 try to realise it,
start from beginning,
[end of loop]

checkout OpenBSD a great Server-OS, also FreeBSD is nice.

i'm sorry, if i should "attacked someone personally"
i should stop to say everything "directly" but thats my
education, i'm sorry also for this :)
linux.org.tr was all time a nice excample to make things
better :) i hope somebody will unsubcribe me now.
As i said i feel bad, thats true, i hope itwill be better
at future, unfortunately i must fight with pakets-loss
i cannot ( i never ) "believe" 40% Pakets-loss are normal
At Metu looks like they lost their DNS-Entries some of
our Domains are just "not setuped" ?!? TT-nets line
are like ping pong, up , down , up , down, spam from
mr. net-pa :) e-kolay is sucessfully added to RSS,
you see there're enought "new things", i must learn.

P.S. such work like the basbakan-server is unprofessional
     my last question, who did it ?

replys please to my e-mail.

cheers

amu