[LINUX:18412] New Linux Book - LUG Discount

From: Murat Koc (muratkoc@saneg.itu.edu.tr)
Date: Thu 03 Aug 2000 - 06:10:02 EEST

Hello,

We didn't want to post this directly to the mailing list. You are listed
as
the LUG
contact for your lug from the site lugww.counter.li.org. Since you are
listed as the contact
you have received this email.
I wanted to let your LUG members know that the LDP Guide, Securing and
Optimizing Linux:
RedHat Edition is now shipping from OpenDocs Publishing. We want to
encourage all LUGS to
take a look at this book. There is a pre-final edit on the LDP site at
http://www.linuxdoc.org/guides.html#securing_linux where you can download
PDF for review.
Please keep in mind that this is a pre-final edit and does not have the
grammar and other
items quite tidied up yet. Further in this email is a list of the topics
covered within the book.

The book comes with RedHat 6.2 and RedHat 6.2 PowerTools on CD.

We would ask that you present this to the LUG mailing list or at one of
your
meetings. You
will see below that there is a hefty discount for LUG members if the LUG
purchases at least 5.

Securing and Optimizing Linux: RedHat Edition

This is an incredible book that takes a hands on approach to installing,
optimizing, configuring and securing RedHat Linux. This book is
also part of the Open Source Documentation Fund. For more information of
the Open Source Documentation fund please see the subsequent pages of this
document.

The book is step by step and covers all topics needed to fire up a great
Linux server. Including hot topics such as IPSec, IMP, Apache-SSL and
Sendmail 8.10.1!

        ISBN: 0-9700330-0-1 Retail: 49.95
        Pages: Approx 480
        CD: RedHat 6.2 and RedHat 6.2 PowerTools (2 CD'S)

        Discount Policy (Retail/Book Stores Only):

        LUG Discount: 30% (LUG Must purchase 5+)
        For single orders please see:
http://www.opendocspublishing.com/wheretobuy.lxp

Return Policy: Standard Returns*
        * See
http://www.opendocspublishing.com/bookstore.lxp#return_policy

        Further Information can always be found at
http://www.opendocspublishing.com .

Purchaser pays shipping. For Return Policies, Credit Application or
Ordering information please refer to our website at
http://www.opendocspublishing.com . You may also fax your request to
(502)210-0334. If you choose to fax your request, please send it
attention: OpenDocs, LLC.

Securing and Optimizing Linux: RedHat Edition
Topics Covered

Linux Installation
Descriptions of programs packages we must uninstall for securities reasons
Descriptions of programs that must be uninstalled after installation of
the server
Linux General Security
Linux General Optimization
Linux Kernel
Linux TCP/IP Network Management
Linux IPCHAINS
Linux Masquerading and Forwarding
Linux Compiler functionality
Linux sXid
Linux Logcheck
Linux PortSentry
Linux OpenSSH Client/Server
Linux SSH2 Client/Server
Linux Tripwire 2.2.1
Linux Tripwire ASR 1.3.1
Linux GnuPG
Set Quota on your Linux system
Linux DNS and BIND Server
Linux Sendmail Server (includes 8.10.1)
Linux IMAP & POP Server
Enable IMAP or POP via the tcp-wrappers inetd super server
Linux OPENSSL Server
Linux FreeS/WAN VPN
Linux OpenLDAP Server
Linux PostgreSQL Database Server
Linux Squid Proxy Server
Linux MM - Shared Memory Library for Apache
Linux Apache Web Server
Linux Webalizer
Linux FAQ-O-Matic
Linux Webmail IMP
Linux Samba Server
Linux FTP Server
Linux Backup and Restore
Tweaks, Tips and Administration tasks
Obtaining Requests for Comments (RFCs)

IYI CALISMALAR

                                                          MURAT KOC

 Listeden cikmak icin:
          unsub linux
 mesajini listeci@bilkent.edu.tr adresine gonderiniz.
   Lutfen Listeci icin MIME / HTML / Turkce Aksan kullanmayin.
 Listeci arayuzu: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/yardim/bilkent/linux.html
 Liste arsivinin adresi: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/