[LINUX:18411] Linux Journal Weekly News Notes (fwd)

From: Murat Koc (muratkoc@saneg.itu.edu.tr)
Date: Thu 03 Aug 2000 - 06:08:12 EEST

                 Linux Journal Weekly News Notes -- August 2nd

Feature Link of the Week

   The Two Faces:
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/articles/misc/0018.html -- Eric S. Raymond
   writes a guest editorial on the latest media industry revolution and
   our role in it. Will the Napster brouhaha help us think about, and
   sort out, the bigger issues?

Geek Link of the Week

   Linux's Tell-Tale Heart, Part 4:
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/articles/sysadmin/0038.html -- Marcel
   Gagné tells us what's going on with those web server log files.

Strictly On-Line

   Python Programming for Beginners:
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue73/3946.html -- Jacek
   Artymiak offers to teach us some basics. The clean and
   easy-to-understand syntax of Python makes it a language that is fun to
   learn and use.

Linux Resources Spotlight

   LJ Links:
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/links/index.shtml -- Every web site has
   links to other web sites, and we do, too. But we have a special place
   on our web site that lets you add your favorite Linux link to our
   list. Check it out.

Tech Tip of the Week

   In this Age of Information, the trick is often just finding something.
   A few weeks ago, we gave a tip that used the find command. This week,
   an "enhanced" grep:

        grep some_string filename | less +/some_string

   will pipe the output of the grep command through less, highlighting
   some_string in each line.

   HOT NEWS -- Part of SCO Bought by Caldera
   Caldera Offers a Serious Choice:
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/briefs/0063.html -- Today's announcement
   elicits a commentary by our publisher, Phil Hughes.

By the Way...

   Linux Gazette:
   http://www.linuxgazette.com/ -- The August issue of Linux Gazette is
   now available. See it here or at an LDP mirror site near you!

   Linux Journal 2000 Buyer's Guide:
   http://www.linuxjournal.com/bg/ -- It's now available! See our web
   site for more details.

 Listeden cikmak icin:
          unsub linux
 mesajini listeci@bilkent.edu.tr adresine gonderiniz.
   Lutfen Listeci icin MIME / HTML / Turkce Aksan kullanmayin.
 Listeci arayuzu: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/yardim/bilkent/linux.html
 Liste arsivinin adresi: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/