[Gelistirici] YALI Installer

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
29 Kas 2006 Çar 22:19:09 EET

Hello all,

I would like to know some information on architecture of YALI, and
also with regard to the partitioning screen. Is there any
documentation on pyparted ?

It seems that Kubuntu installer is very capable of resizing fat32
using the partman (which uses libparted). In that case, is there some
reason why it is not included in YALI ?

Also, Kubuntu partman it seems uses libparted directly for
resize/partitioning tasks (other than for ntfs i believe). So, why is
it that YALI calls some other commands like mke2fs/resize2fs etc ? (I
am asking because I know nothing about pyparted. It actually seems
better to use the commands directly, since those would be relatively
bug free.)

In my tests, it seems that installing Pardus on a "Free Space" mostly
works, but when installing on resized partitions, GRUB installer is
not loaded correctly. Is there some way to interact with the installer
environment in the console during installation ? This way, more tests
can be done, especially running the commands manually which are
currently run by YALI using os.popen calls.

Has Pardus devel team instituted some test procedures for testing the
installer/partitioner ? It would be nice to know the procedure if it
exists, so that I can try those here.

Thank you in advance for this information. I'm apologise if it causes
any delays in your work.

Regards,
Rajeev J Sebastian