[Gelistirici] "Rethinking the Linux Distribution", George Belotsky

Eren Türkay turkay.eren at gmail.com
12 Mayıs 2007 Cmt 00:05:02 EEST

On Fri, 11 May 2007 23:47:36 +0300
"A. Murat Eren" <meren at pardus.org.tr> wrote:

>  George Belotsky Pardus'a da atıfta bulunduğu bir makale yazmış
> O'Reilly'ye,
> #pardus-devel'e uğramış, Eren ile konuşmuşlar. Okumak isteyenler
> #buradan
> buyursunlar:

Konusulanlar kısaca şöyle, ara sıra tartışma bölümündeki postalara
bakıp cevap vermek kendisini sevindirecek;

<george> I have just written an O'Reilly article that features
Pardus
<Eren>	good to hear :)
<Eren>	will it be published?
<george>	It is published already:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2007/05/10/rethinking-the-linux-distribution.html
<Eren>	hm, publish date is yesterday :)
<george> My goal for this article is to start a discussion on what the
future of Linux will be
<Eren>	george, hmm
<Eren>	george,i think, we should get rid of standart tools "awk,
sed, find" etc.
<Eren> and pardus does it :)
<george>	Precisely -- I think that the shell and related tools
have had their day -- "High thoughts must have high language", as you
put it
<Eren>	yep
<Eren>	pisi api is great for packaging
<Eren>	george, have you looked it?
<Eren>	you should look COMAR for system configuration too :)
<george>	Yes, I have installed and ran Pardus -- the init
rewrite is particularly impressive, which is why I talk about it
specifically in the article
<george>	It would be good if the Pardus community knows
about the article -- I am sure you could contribute a lot to the
discussion of the future of Linux, given the innovative ideas in the
Pardus distribution
 <Eren>	george, thanks for the
article, other developers will read it