[Gelistirici] Calisan and Kurulan Differences

Rajeev J Sebastian rajeev.sebastian at gmail.com
25 Mar 2007 Paz 12:31:00 EEST

Hello all,

I am trying to install Pardus on a Dell Latitude D620 laptop. It
supposedly has a an Intel 945/950 video card, and Pardus detects the
video driver to be a i810.

Now, my problem is that Calisan works perfectly with this (well,
except that 1024x768 is not added to the list of resolutions, same as
Kurulan), but Kurulan freezes at the splash screen.

So, removed the "quiet" in the GRUB, disabled the splash, and made
video=vesafb:off. With this, *at times* X loads and stuff works.
However, most of the time, it doesnt and freezes right after the login
prompt appears.

I tried with Pardus Kurulan 2007 Kurulan, and with 2007 RC Kurulan +
Calisan. I am testing purely with 2007 RC since I have both the
Kurulan and Calisan .iso files.

So, could someone enlighten ... whats are the differences between
Kurulan and Calisan that could lead to a clue in this case ?

Regards
Rajeev j Sebastian