[Gelistirici] [Fwd: Announcing the ubuntu-directory team]

Görkem Çetin gorkem at pardus.org.tr
28 Eki 2006 Cmt 21:11:53 EEST

FYI.

-------- Orijinal Mesaj --------
Konu: 	Announcing the ubuntu-directory team
Tarih: 	Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:07:34 -0700
Kimden: 	Corey Burger <corey.burger at gmail.com>
Cevapla: 	ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
Kime: 	ubuntu-devel <ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com>,
ubuntu-devel-announce at lists.ubuntu.com

Do you pine for a good old days of Active Directory? Does WSUS make
your heart throb? Miss these things on Ubuntu? We do and so we have
decided to do something about it. Thus I would like announce the
creation of the ubuntu-directory team.

What is our mission, you ask?
We aim to make Ubuntu rock, both as a client of directory services and
as a server of the same.

Who are we?
A group of people with extensive experience with AD and other similar
technologies, including Jerry Haltom, Andrew Forgue, Jorge Castro and
myself.Things like DFS, deploying printers, domain controller
replication, DNS, joining clients to a domain, Windows Server Update
Services, Group Policy Objects, and scripting Windows.

So what are you working on?
Lots of things. Here is the quick skinny:

Easy connection of clients to an LDAP server (including AD)
https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/network-authentication
(still under heavy review and rewriting)

An easy LDAP server
https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-update-server

An update server
https://features.launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntu-update-server

Is that all your are working on?
Far from it. Here are some more:
https://features.launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-directory/+specs

Where do we find you?
On Launchpad, of course:
https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-directory

On freenode:
#ubuntu-directory

On our mailing lists
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-directory

What can I do to help?
We need help polishing up our specs.  We need code monkeys. Lots of
them. Those that speak C and Python are most appreciated.

Lets make feisty rock in the enterprise space!

Corey