[Gelistirici] Fwd: [paketler-commits] r14866 - in devel/desktop/kde/base/kdelibs: . files

Ismail Donmez ismail at pardus.org.tr
8 Kas 2006 Çar 12:46:02 EET

Hi,
[...]
> Regarding
> (1) I did send to the ML, but for some reason it was blocked (due to
> the size of the tarball)

Uploading the web always better :)

> (2) The number of patches made it difficult for me to evaluate them. I
> was also busy developing the no-root-build for pisi. In future, I will
> send patches only after I evaluate them myself. Sorry about this.

That would be nicer, thanks

> (3) It was not submitted upstream for administrative reasons. It seems
> that at aKademy dublin, jzhuang (who goes by the nick cjacker) talked
> to aseigo regarding upstreaming the patches, but there was little
> movement in this regard.

I have a KDE SVN account, so its not hard for me to integrate in upstream if
its good enough for common case (i.e we can't just apply some patch upstream
because KIO uses US-ASCII system not UTF-8 ).

> Anyway, when I heard that there were a lot of
> patches sitting somewhere, I immediately thought of Pardus :)
> (Anything to make pardus better is good is it not ?)

Sure but that makes updating a headache later on, or create new bugs.

> (4) We (as in KDE.in group) are also trying independently to upstream
> these patches. It seems there are many more (Currently, we are trying
> to get cjacker an svn account so that none of this is necessary in
> future. If that doesnt work, we will upstream selected patches
> ourselves).

For Pardus patches don't hesitate me using as upstream proxy, after you
explain to me what the patch does of course :-)

Thanks,
ismail