[linux-sohbet] [DW] Report - Prepare for Digital Democracy - Imperative 8 from HarvardPolicy Group (fwd)

From: Mustafa Akgul (akgul@Bilkent.EDU.TR)
Date: Wed 15 Jan 2003 - 05:22:41 EET

Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:01:27 -0600
Sender: DO-WIRE - Democracies Online Newswire <do-wire@tc.umn.edu>
From: Steven Clift <clift@PUBLICUS.NET>
Subject: [DW] Report - Prepare for Digital Democracy - Imperative 8 from HarvardPolicy Group

*** Democracies Online Newswire - http://e-democracy.org/do ***
*** ***
*** Up to seven posts a week. To join over 2500 subscribers, ***
*** e-mail <listserv@tc.umn.edu>, in message: sub do-wire ***

A number of addtional Harvard links below ...

Eight Imperatives for Leaders in a Networked World:
A Series of Guidelines for the 2000 Election and Beyond

Imperative #8: Prepare for digital democracy (August 2002)
Download from:
http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/stratcom/hpg/imp8.pdf

>From the Introduction...

As citizens, we care about how well government meets its
responsibilities - about traditional concerns for effectiveness and
efficiency. We are also concerned about how the government goes about
deciding what its responsibilities should be. We typically care about
ends even more than means, about politics more than administration.
Who does government listen to? What values get priority? How should
government officials be held accountable?

Earlier papers in this series have focused on the output or
implementation side of government. In contrast, this paper focuses on
the input or policy side. As human interactions go electronic, how and
to what extent should we redesign democratic institutions and
processes?

This report explores challenges that the growth of computer networking
brings to democratic governance, and how governments can respond by
increasing both the breadth and depth of citizen participation in
democratic processes.

More reports in this series:
http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/stratcom/hpg/index.htm

Digital Government Workshop Papers
http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/cbg/dgworkshop/papers.htm

National Center for Digital Government
http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/digitalcenter/
http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/digitalcenter/research.htm
(P.S. Is anyone from this new center on DoWire? Let me know
clift@publicus.net )

*** Past Messages, Discussion http://e-democracy.org/do ***
*** Message body: SUB DO-WIRE ***
*** To UNSUBSCRIBE instead, write: UNSUB DO-WIRE ***

*** Please forward this post to others and encourage ***
*** them to subscribe to the free DO-WIRE service. ***
*** Please send submissions to: clift@publicus.net ***