[Linux-sunucu] Re: cluster

From: Volkan Yazici (yazicivo@itu.edu.tr)
Date: Wed 17 Nov 2004 - 09:37:37 EET

merhaba,

kumeleme hakkinda pek fazla bir bilgim yok ama uyesi oldugum diger
bir listede "file system clustering" baslikli thread'de soyle bir link
verilmisti: http://www.drbd.org/. isinize yarayabilecegini dusundum.

{{{ What is DRBD
 DRBD is a block device which is designed to build high availability
 clusters. This is done by mirroring a whole block device via (a
 dedicated) network. You could see it as a network raid-1.
}}}

{{{ How is DRBD related to current HA clusters?
 To my knowledge most current HA clusters (HP, Compaq, ...) are using
 shared storage devices, thus the storage devices are connected to more
 than one node (This can be done with shared SCSI busses or Fibre
 Channel).

 DRBD gives you about the same semantics as a shared device, but it
 does not need any uncommon hardware. It runs on top of IP networks,
 which are to my impression less expensive than special storage
 networks.

 Currently DRBD grants read-write access only to one node at a time,
 which is sufficient for the usual fail-over HA cluster. Although
 it is currently not on my task list, it would not be a great effort
 to allow both nodes read-write access. This would be useful with GFS
 for example.
}}}

iyi calismalar.