[linux-baslangic] Re: En uygun linux dağıtımı

---------

From: Recai Oktas (roktas@omu.edu.tr)
Date: Mon 07 Jul 2003 - 19:01:12 EEST

    Merhaba Devrim,

    * Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org> [2003-07-07 19:32:36+0300]
    > Mumkunse neden debian oldugunu da yazar misiniz? Bir suredir deneme amacli
    > debian kurma niyetindeyimi ama sadece "debian derim" demekle ikna
    > olamiyorum :) Nedenlerini yazarsaniz sizin gibi degerli bir Debian
    > kullanicisinin goruslerinden faydanlanmak isterim.

    Debian kullanan herkesin bu "Neden Debian?" sorusuna kendince bir cevabi vardir
    elbette. Benim cevabim asagida alintiladigim metne yakin duruyor
    (Ingilizcesinden takip edemeyecekler için ozur dilerim, su an ceviri icin
    zamanim yok, en kisa surede cevirmeye calisacagim):

    What makes debian the best? Some say it is because we have the most
    packages. Some say it is because we are the most technically knowledgeable.
    Some say it is because are releases are extremely stable. And yet others will
    say it is because out packages are entirely free. Well, I agree with all those
    people. I like to look at the bigger picture however.

    Debian is great, not for what we have, but for who we are. Other distributions
    might have lots of people behind them, as does Debian. But only Debian allows
    for any person in the world to become a 'developer,' and even to become the
    project leader.

    If someone thinks something should be done differently, then they are
    encouraged to 'put their foot where their mouth is.' They can become a Debian
    developer(at no cost), and improve the system.

    Because of everyone who has joined Debian over the years, we have become a
    'melting pot' of ideas. We have many varied people, from all walks of life,
    that all contribute to the better whole. Everyone does it out of the goodness
    of his/her heart, understanding that others are doing the same for them. So
    everyone benefits from others work, and everyone is happy.

    We have uniformity from our diversity. With our many different views, we get
    to see several different ways to implement solutions. All our developers are
    given a chance to voice the opinions, and generally the best method is chosen
    to solve a problem. If, for some reason, that method turns out not to be the
    best, then we will come up with the best way to change to a new method, without
    losing any system integrity. Because all developers agree to follow the Debian
    Policy Guidelines, we can offer a quality, competent operating system to the
    computing community.

    Adam Heath adam.heath@usa.net
                    doogie@debian.org
                    doogie@irc.debian.org#debian

    P.S. Adam Heath Debian paket yoneticisi `dpkg'nin onde gelen
    gelistiricilerinden biridir.

    --
    roktas
    ---