[LINUX:2975] Clustering PCs for Linux-Based Raytracing (fwd)

Gorkem Cetin (e077245@narwhal.cc.metu.edu.tr)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 00:51:43 +0200 (EET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 14:31:42 -0800
From: Kirby Urner <pdx4d@teleport.com>
To: k12linux@riverdale.k12.or.us
Cc: synergetics-l@telelists.com
Subject: Clustering PCs for Linux-Based Raytracing

Colleague Rick Bono has a new web page up detailing his use
of Beowulf software to enable multiple PCs to share ray-tracing
jobs over a Linux network (distributed computing). This could
be an interesting project for high schoolers or other Linux
hobbiests with spare computers.

I've linked to his page from my
http://www.inetarena.com/~pdx4d/ocn/oop5.html

(My page is about some Java I wrote for generating spatial
geometry files in VRML or Povray format -- Povray being the
free Linux-compatible ray-tracer which Rick is using as well).

Kirby
4D Solutions

Listeden cikmak icin:
unsub linux
mesajini listeci@bilkent.edu.tr'a gonderiniz.
Lutfen Listeci icin MIME / HTML / Turkce Aksan kullanmayin.
Liste arsivinin adresi: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/