[LINUX:22262] Re: FreeBSD 4.2 -RELEASE now available from ftp.freebsd.org

From: Ertan Kucukoglu (ertank@ozlerplastik.com)
Date: Mon 27 Nov 2000 - 15:10:29 EET

Andreas Mueller wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 08:15:31PM +0200, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
>
> For a report, i need to know, how many people runns their "Servers" with
> FreeBSD _and_ OpenBSD at Turkey.

What you mean with server? If you mean any computer serving for someones
company. Then you can count me for FreeBSD, too. But, If you mean a computer
on internet 7/24 then do not count. :)

> I found 7 Server using FreeBSD
> and 1 Server using OpenBSD
>
> This is a realistic value ?

I do not think so. There should be more. I know one ISP at Izmir (can not
remember the name), Bimel. Should be more than 7.

> It's also interesting to know, why you're using FreeBSD or OpenBSD.
> And the last question, in which region is the Server running.

In my case. FreeBSD was faster than Linux in general (on the *same*
machine).

> Thanks for your support

You're wellcome.

--