[LINUX:14164] Re: MySQL ile ilgili bir soru daha..

From: Nazmi ZORLU (zorlu@gul.net.tr)
Date: Fri 31 Mar 2000 - 13:46:08 EEST

> PhpMyAdmini bende kullaniyorum ancak DB'lere erisim engelleme (host
bazinda) ve
> sifre koyma isini phpmyadminde goremedim. Yaniliyormuyum ? elimdeki
versiyon
> eski olabilirmi acaba. Siz bunlari yapabiliyormusunuz ?

Merhabalar ;

Sanirim sorununuz, belli kullanicilarin belli DB'lere erisimini saglamak
konusunda. Alttaki metin isinizi gorebilir. phpMyAdmin Doumentation'dan
alintidir:

GmbH.
This requires a properly setup MySQL user management and phpMyAdmin's
advanced authentication. phpMyAdmin performs these steps, when
authenticating a user:

Select all entries from the mysql.user table where the username/password
matches the challenging user. If no rows are returned, the authentication
has failed. Otherwise, phpMyAdmin continues with step 2.
If the user's global Select_Priv is "N" (ie the user is not allowed to
access all databases), phpMyAdmin searches the mysql.db table for entries
with Select_Priv = "Y" belonging to the user. If no entries are found, the
authentication has failed. Otherwise, phpMyAdmin shows all databases the
user is allowed to view.
If the user's global Select_Priv is "Y", all databases in the system are
shown.

This means that you need to add a user to the mysql database as following:
INSERT INTO user (Host, User, Password, Select_priv, Insert_priv,
Update_priv, Delete_priv, Create_priv, Drop_priv, Reload_priv,
Shutdown_priv, Process_priv, File_priv, Grant_priv, References_priv,
Index_priv, Alter_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'foo', PASSWORD('bar'), 'N',
INSERT INTO db (Host, Db, User, Select_priv, Insert_priv, Update_priv,
Delete_priv, Create_priv, Drop_priv, Grant_priv, References_priv,
Index_priv, Alter_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'foo_db', 'foo', 'Y', 'Y', 'Y',
Then only the "foo_db" database will be displayed to user "foo".