[LINUX:17880] RE:

From: Murat Suluhan (msuluhan@tai.com.tr) ((msuluhan@tai.com.tr))
Date: Fri 14 Jul 2000 - 12:57:34 EEST

Merhabalar

O makine AMD Athlon mu bilmiyorum ( AMD hic ilgimi cekmedi simdiye kadar :-)

Ama asagidaki yaziyi Red Hat in sitesinden aynen kopyaladim
http://www.redhat.com/support/hardware/intel/62/rh6.2-hcl-i.ld-2.html,
yazinin en alt paragrafinda AMD Athlon serisi islemciler icin olan
boardlarla ilgili bir kisim var

2.4 Motherboards
Compatible Motherboards
Except for those listed under the section Incompatible Motherboards below,
we don't know of a motherboard chip-set Red Hat Linux 6.2/Intel doesn't work
with.

Incompatible Motherboards

PC-Chips motherboards. These motherboards are often incompatible with Red
Hat Linux. Many of the chipsets used on the PC-chips motherboards are also
incompatible with Red Hat Linux.
Supermicro P5MMA with BIOS versions before 1.4. Linux will either lockup or
complain that the keyboard is not getting reset. Supermicro has a beta
release of the BIOS which makes Linux boot available via ftp at
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com. Users should contact SuperMicro on which BIOS zip
file to use.
Supermicro P5MMA98. This motherboard also seems to be affected by the
keyboard reset problem. Supermicro has a BIOS upgrade also available via FTP
from ftp://ftp.supermicro.com Users should contact SuperMicro on which BIOS
zip file to use.
The KM T5-T1 has been reported to not work. Remeber to make sure you check
the manufacturer and update BIOSes of your motherboard if you have extensive
trouble. Some users have reported such BIOS upgrades to sork with their
systems.
Motherboards with a combined host bus interface, DRAM controller, IDE
controller, PCI interface, and 2D/3D Graphics accelerator (such as the SiS
6xx chipsets). While most functions of these integrated chipsets will
function correctly, high end video (such as what is needed by XFree86) is
not supported. It has been reported that some systems that utilize these
multifuntion IO chips also have trouble with data corruption.
AMD Athlon compatible motherboards. The new motherboard architecture being
used and the cutting edge technology often implimented in the chipsets can
create problems during the installation. Red Hat Linux may or may not
install properly on a Athlon compatible motherboard according to its
components.

Kal saglicakla