haberr

Subject: haberr
From: R. Tolga Korkunįkaya (tolga@www.soc.metu.edu.tr)
Date: Mon 02 Aug 1999 - 05:39:58 EET DST

Iste buna traji/komik denir...

     25th July 1999. MICROSOFT TO SELL AD SPACE IN ERROR MESSAGES
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT)
     announced that it is selling advertising space in the error
messages that appear in Windows. Acknowledging for
     the first time that the average user of their operating system
encounters error messages at least several times a
     day, Microsoft is trying to take financial advantage of the
unavoidable opportunity to make an ad impression.
     "We estimate that throughout the world at any given moment several
million people are getting a ‘General
     Protection Fault’ or ‘Illegal Operation’ warning. We will be able
to generate significant revenue by including a
     short advertising message along with it," said Microsoft marketing
director Nathan Mirror. He also mentioned
     that Microsoft is intended to add banner ads into its Blue Screen
of Death in the near future. The Justice
     Department immediately indicated that they intend to investigate
whether Microsoft is gaining an unfair
     advantage in reaching the public with this advertising by virtue of
its semi-monopolistic control over error
     messages.;-)

 Listeden cikmak icin:
          unsub linux
 mesajini listeci@bilkent.edu.tr'a gonderiniz.
   Lutfen Listeci icin MIME / HTML / Turkce Aksan kullanmayin.
  Liste arsivinin adresi: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/