Star Office ve glibc2.1 (RH6.0 ve Serman)

Mustafa BAÞER (bmustafa@obl.bilkent.edu.tr)
Thu, 06 May 1999 11:48:55 +0000

--------------8B61B50875194BA790B02F32

From: Matt Wallace <wallacms@pobox.com>
Newsgroups: stardivision.com.support.installation
Subject: SO and Glibc2.1 FIX
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 06:09:33 -0500

--------------1805C9403B8D874C75CE2614

I've been working on an automated solution to do what's been described
in this newsgroup and if people wanna try it out.. I'd love to see how
it works (I already have SO installed and with the amount of time it
took me, I'm NOT gonna messa around with it..)

Attached is a bash shell script (so_inst) that _should_ do the
installation. I would definitely recommend executing each command
seperately in a shell, rather than just running the script.. This script
has not been tested _AT ALL_ and I am by no means a shell script
wizard.. If I do get some feed back I will be happy to fix whatever
problems, make improvments.. etc.. Also attached is sed script need by
the install script (changer).

This script assumes the following:
1. You are root
2. You are working for your home directory or a temp dir.
3. You have sed and unzip
4. I had a problem with my unzip program unzipping all the files as
UPPERCASE, I'm not sure if this was just my crappy unzip program or
what. Anyways I didn't fix that in the script. If this is a problem, I
can include the awk command that I used to change 'em all to lowercase
in the script.
5. You are running Glibc6 2.1 (I hope this is a given.. but you never
know..)

Also attached are english instructions (so_install) as to what I did to
install.. Basically the script does everything in the instructions
except running the ./setup program for each individual user if you did a
network install (the last two steps..)

Finally, if this kills your system.. don't yell at me.. I did my best to
write a good script, but as of now it performs no error checking,
doesn't check for the existance of files or anything like that.. Please
email me at wallacms@pobox.com with any feedback or problems that you
have.. Again.. BE CAREFUL..

Good luck,

Matt Wallace
--------------1805C9403B8D874C75CE2614

#!/bin/sh
tar xpvf so501.tar
cd so501/glibc_inst
tar xpfvz glibc6.tar.gz
cd glibc
mkdir /lib/old
cp * /lib/old
ln -s /lib/old/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-lonux.so.2
cd ../../so501_inst
unzip -L setup.zip
sed '1,1s/ld-linux.so.2/ld-lonux.so.2/1' setup.bin > setup.tmp
cp setup.tmp setup.bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/old
exec ./setup.bin $*
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=
sed -f changer /opt/Office50/bin/soffice > /opt/Office50/bin/temp
cp /opt/Office50/bin/temp /opt/Office50/bin/soffice
mv /usr/bin/lpr /usr/bin/lpr2
mv /bin/cat /bin/cat2
echo '/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /bin/cat2 $*' > cat
echo '/lib/ld-linux.so.2 /usr/bin/lpr2 $*' > lpr
mv cat /bin
mv lpr /usr/bin
sed '1,1s/ld-linux.so.2/ld-lonux.so.2/1' /opt/Office/bin/setup.bin > /opt/Office50/bin/setup.tmp
cp /opt/Office50/bin/setup.tmp /opt/Office50/bin/setup.bin

--------------1805C9403B8D874C75CE2614

What I did:

1. Download StarOffice
2. Unpack so501.tar to <top_inst>
3. Go to <top_inst>/glibc_inst/
4. Unpack glibc6.tar.gz
5. mkdir /lib/old
6. cp glibc/* /lib/old
7. Go to <top_inst>/so501_inst
8. Unzip setup.zip.
8a. You may have to get a zip program to do this.
8b. My unzip program unzipped the files as all UPPERCASE.
The best way to fix this is to unzip setup.zip into a
seperate directory and then do:
bash-2.03$ ls > list
bash-2.03$ awk '{ system(cp $1 " " tolower($1)) }' list
8c. Then copy all the files (except setup.zip) back to the so50_inst dir
9. Open setup.bin in an editor such as vi or emacs
10. Find /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and change it /lib/ld-lonux.so.2
11. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/old
12. ln -s /lib/old/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld-lonux.so.2
13a. ./setup.bin
13b. If you want more than one person to be able to use Star Office with
their own prefs, etc. then do ./setup.bin net (this takes a little
more work at the end tho)
14. When I did the install a box popped up saying:
Insert: StarOffice 5.0
I chose cancel and it just kept going.. wierd but it works..
15. When it is done edit /opt/Office50/bin/soffice and replace the last line
with:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/old:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec /lib/old/ld-2.0.7.so $sd_inst/bin/$sd_binary "$@"
16. If you didn't do a network install, you should be done. If you did, read
on.

17. If you did a network install, each user must setup star office
individually. It adds a little over 2 meg for each user.

18. To get the setup program to run you have to make the same edit to
/opt/Office50/bin/setup.bin that you did to the first setup.bin

19. Again export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib/old:/opt/Office50/lib

20. now run opt/Office50/bin/setup for each user.

--------------1805C9403B8D874C75CE2614

${
s/exec/#exec/1
a\