Re: Fwd: A steering committee for the LPF?

imrana (imrana@doruk.com.tr)
Wed, 24 Mar 99 09:42:27

------------------------- Orjinal Mesaj --------------------------
I would like to see us get involved with this.

Personally, I am curious to see whether we could bring a class action
suit against the United States government under the arguement that
software patents, in their current state, violate a Free Software
programmer's freedom of expression. Freedom of expression is a gauranteed
human right and is supposed to be stronger legally than a patent, which
is a tool of convenience. I think it is arguable that many programmers
are as dedicated to the creation of Free Software as any religious person
is to their chosen method of worship.

listmaster@lists.spi-inc.org