Re: [LINUX:2985] ps2 ve xwindow

Gorkem Cetin (e077245@narwhal.cc.metu.edu.tr)
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 21:02:55 +0200 (WET)

Selam

Asagidakiler www.linux-howto.com'dan alinti. Sanirim benzer sorun daha
once de yasanmisti ve listeye ilgililer cevap yazmislardi.

X'e girmeden once killall gpm yazmak cozum olabilir.

Iyi calismalar
Gorkem

andres salomon wrote in to say that if your PS/2 mouse doesn't work in X
but works in normal text mode, you should try killing the GPM mouse
services (killall gpm as root should do the trick). He also mentioned a
workaround, which he didn't successfully use. It's adding /dev/gpmdata to
/etc/X11/XF86Config, supposedly, and starting GPM with the "-R" flag.

Fotis Karpenissiotis wrote, "I had several problems using a Microsoft
Mouse (Serial Mouse 2.0A) under XFree86 3.3.2. (Under 3.3.1 it worked
fine). The solution I found was to start gpm using:

gpm -t ms -R

and the following lines in XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
Protocol "MouseSystems"
Device "/dev/gpmdata"
Emulate3Buttons

That's about all the information I can give about mouse trouble and their
solutions right now, but if you've got a different problem and a different
solution then please let me know.

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999 rbuyukpoyraz@technologist.com wrote:

> selamlar
> gecen gun slakware 3.5 kurdum. microsoft ps2 mouse'mu kabuk taniyor fakat xwindow tanimiyor. bu sorunu nasil halledebilirim.
> tesekkurler.
> hepinize mutlu yeni yillar.

> unsub linux
> mesajini listeci@bilkent.edu.tr'a gonderiniz.
> Lutfen Listeci icin MIME / HTML / Turkce Aksan kullanmayin.
> Liste arsivinin adresi: http://listweb.bilkent.edu.tr/

Listeden cikmak icin: