Job Opportunity: UNIX SpamMaster (fwd)

Mustafa Akgul (akgul@Bilkent.EDU.TR)
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:39:55 +0200 (EET)

Forwarded message:
>From server-daemon@dl.ac.uk Tue Mar 24 23:10:57 1998
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 10:20:29 -0800
From: Lois Weiss <lweiss@pacbell.net>
Sender: "comp.mail.sendmail mail newsgroup" <server-daemon@dl.ac.uk>
To: "comp.mail.sendmail mail newsgroup" <comp-news@dl.ac.uk>
Subject: Job Opportunity: UNIX SpamMaster
Comments: List problems/queries to <H.M.Jones@dl.ac.uk>
Comments: To mail both the group and netnews send to (comp-mail-sendmail@dl.ac.uk)

Here’s a job opportunity you don’t see every day:

We’re looking for a few “SpamMasters.” Bright Light Technologies, a
red-hot startup in the hip South of Market area of San Francisco, is
developing robust server-side anti-spam (anti-junk email) software
for ISPs and large corporations.

We're looking for people who enjoy tracking down spammers and developing
filtering rules (e.g. sendmail, procmail or Eudora filters) to stop the
flow of spam.

We want people who want to help end spam. If you think "people should
just hit delete," you're not for us.

There is no hard and fast rule for the background of people who could
become SpamMasters. You'll have technical experience and/or education
and an inquisitive mind. You probably like a good puzzle. Maybe you
are a part-time anti-spam expert on newsgroups like
news.admin.net-abuse.email or through the many web pages on the net.
This is your opportunity to get paid to do something you're doing for
free today!

You're our ideal SpamMaster if you're already responsible for anti-spam
filters for an ISP or large corporation. You also might be a UNIX sys
admin or a network engineer. No matter your background, however, the
salary and equity for the position will be competitive.

A little about Bright Light Technologies' founders:

The founders are experienced, successful Internet entrepreneurs. The
founder and CEO co-founded the first Web-based push service that he sold
for $38M in less than one year. He and his partner built this previous
company from nothing to a company with an outstanding, well-known
product, 40 employees, and over $3M in venture financing in 6 months.

Before that, the founder was at a now very large ISP during its most
meteoric growth as their Internet Product Manager and was also involved
in numerous internet acquisitions and other relationships with Internet
companies.

Before working for the ISP, the founder was a technology policy analyst
at the US Congress Office of Technology Assessment (OTA) where he
evaluated technology policy options related to telecommunications and
computing, including the early policy implications of the Internet.

Talk about a unique job! This is one that you won't be embarrassed
telling someone at a cocktail party.

If you or someone you know is interested, we're growing like crazy and
have other positions too. Please see us on the Web at
www.end-spam-as-we-know-it.com.

We can't wait to hear from you! Just send an email to
lweiss@pacbell.net and indicate that you saw this posting on this
newsgroup.

Sorry, we cannot sponsor or relocate for this position.
No phone calls please.