Re: 8.6.9 under Linux doesn't work :( (fwd)

Mustafa Akgul (akgul@bilkent.edu.tr)
Sat, 21 Jan 1995 16:50:22 +0300 (EET)

Ilginizi ceker diye dusundum.
Soz konusu binary ODTU ve Bilkent'te var.

Forwarded message:
>From server-daemon@dl.ac.uk Sat Jan 21 16:23:15 1995
Date: 21 Jan 1995 13:58:54 GMT
From: gale@minotaur.dra.hmg.gb (Tony Gale)
Sender: "comp.mail.sendmail mail newsgroup" <server-daemon@dl.ac.uk>
To: "comp.mail.sendmail mail newsgroup" <comp-news@dl.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: 8.6.9 under Linux doesn't work :(
Comments: List problems/queries to <D.P.Hines@dl.ac.uk>
Comments: To mail both the group and netnews send to (comp-mail-sendmail@dl.ac.uk)

Riho Kurg (rix@PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE) wrote:
: Hi:

: I installed Linux three days ago and I was very surprised to see
: how fine and easy was to install Sendmail (my previous box ran with
: Smail). But after 3 days, today, I cannot send/receive any mail from
: my box :(
: My sendmail.cf is OK, in sendmail.st are only ca 10 rows funny symbols
: I have no idea, what there really MUST be...

: Help needed, I really do not want to go back to Smail..

: Riho

The main problem people meet with running sendmail under Linux is that the
default local delivery agent does not work with sendmail. A binary distribution
of sendmail 8.6.9 for Linux with a replacment delivery agent can be found on
most Linux FTP sites. The file is called sendmail-8.6.9-bin.tgz.

On sunsite.unc.edu it is in the directory /pub/Linux/system/Mail/delivery

Thanks.

--

Tony Gale                 |        Stop whinging and start Wine'ing
gale@minotaur.dra.hmg.gb  |  http://daedalus.dra.hmg.gb/gale/wine/wine.html

| All opinions expressed are my own |